Thursday, December 20, 2007

2007 Top-20 Countdown - No.1

Finally reached the end. I must have to say I really enjoyed this , although a bit outside my usual posts. It helped me find out about loads of new and great music, meet some very interesting people and make great friends in the process. Tomorrow you will be able to see the results of all of the 28 Greek bloggers that took part in this countdown, courtesy of the organizer and inspiration behind all of this, gone4sure. But let's move on to my no.1:

Best Albums of 2007 - No.1

Feist - The Reminder

Leslie Feist. After playing with Broken Social Scene, Kings of Convenience and half a dozen other bands, this Canadian lady launched herself as Feist, capturing the world and me, with her amazing talent. A unique mix of pop, folk, jazz, indie rock and low-fi, "The Reminder" places her securely at the top of her craft, shining like a beacon in a sea of darkness. Always unpredictable in a pleasing way, with winning melodies, that amazing voice that can be sexy without overdoing it. Her equally elegant style and poise make for a breathtaking ensemble. For those of us who discovered her with her previous effort, the underrated "Let It Die" (thanks gone4sure), this one came as naturally as it should, making her place in our hearts permanent. Her music keeps me company more than anyone else's these past couple of years, and I am sure it will keep doing so in the future. And "1234" is the best video-clip of the year by far! I love you my moon, my girl!

"A map is more unreal than where you've been
Or how you feel
And it's impossible to tell
How important someone was
And what you might have missed out on
And how he might have changed it all
And how you might have changed it all for him

Did I, did I miss out on you?"

(Intuition, lyrics by Feist)


My Moon, My Man



1234



The Water, at The Gibson Amphitheater



Sealion (live)



The Park, in Seattle



So Sorry at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles



I Feel It All, on a bus(!) on Jimmy Kimmel Live



Worst Albums of 2007 - No.1

Celine Dion - Taking Chances


Well, she definitely is not taking any chances again with this, her 34th (incredible but true) album. Celine Dion, once again, proves that good marketing, a belting voice that covers mercilessly everything else in a song, and the proper connections can make her a veritable entertainer that sells to the masses without mercy. Even Dave Stewart deigned to produce material for her in here. She covers every single trick and style in the book, just to be certain that her fan base will not be disappointed. She even dares to cover Heart's "Alone"... Should we care? No, thankfully.

Taking Chances

1 comment:

  1. νομίζω μαζί με την Karen Ann της ελαφίνι, είναι αυτά που μου αρέσαν περισσότερο... Και οι Klaxon της Φαίη (ο Κέηβ είναι εκτός συναγωνισμού κι ας μην άρεσε στον Ίνδικτο σε προηγούμενους δίσκους), εξαιρετικοί απλά αυτές οι δυο μου πηγαίνουν περισσότερο!!
    Αρρωστη γυναίκα, δε με λυπάσαι??? Πάλι θα γράφω όλο το αλφάβητο????

    ReplyDelete