The 6th Thessaloniki International Book Fair is awaiting the arrival of thousands of visitors with much and great anticipation. The wealth of books published in Greece… the presence of Greek and foreign writers and professionals… hundreds of events for children and adults… tantamount to a very special event, to be held at HELEXPO’s facilities, which cover an area of 10,000 sq. m. There will be more than 500 publishers from 40 different countries (China and India will be represented at the Fair for the very first time), 70 of the biggest names in writing, and of course, thousands of books for every preference…
* Take your time to roam around the publishers’ stands.
This year’s Fair will have:
1. A thematic exhibition, entitled “Books and History”, featuring books on all the different periods of Greek history (11 units), visual material, rare publications and manuscripts, documentaries, presentations and various events organized by cultural bodies and organizations;
Poster from the Balkan War era.
2. Germany, the guest of honour, with its impressive pavilion and some of the country’s most important cultural figures;
3. A Children’s Corner, for the younger visitors, offering a series of events featuring their beloved writers and illustrators;
4. A Magazine Stand, featuring literary and commentary journals;
5. A Literary Cafe (Hall 13), a meeting point and a place of relaxation for both visitors and professionals, where they can enjoy a free cup of coffee (kindly sponsored by Domingo).
Admission is free.
Check the program here! (Greek only I'm afraid). EKEBI has a blog too, so check that out as well!
As every year since it began, the company I work for, Tetragon, has designed and built all the stand that are related to EKEBI: their own, the thematic exhibition stand (Books and History), the Children's Corner and the Literary Cafe. Photographs and more on the next days! See you there!