One of my all-time favourite architects and inspirations has always been Frank Lloyd Wright. His vision inspired many architects and designers; many of his projects still look modern today. Here are photos of some of his best work through his long career, characteristic of each period of his work:
1. The early years-his home in Oak Park,Illinois, 1889.
2. The Prairie Style: The Willits Residence, the first house in true Prairie style. 1901, Highland Park, Illinois.
3. Early 20th century style: The Unity Church, 1904, Oak Park, Illinois.
4. The Twenties: The Ennis-Brown house, 1923, Los Angeles, California.
5. The Thirties: Fallingwater, Edgar J. Kauffman house, 1935, Bear Run, Pennsylvania
6. The Forties: V. C. Morris Gift Shop (1948), San Francisco, California
7. The Fifties: Solomon Guggenheim Museum, 1956, New York
8. The never-built one: One Mile High Skyscraper, 1956.
The inspiration for this is my latest post for 2Modern Design Talk about the Massaro House here.